[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [experimental]: coreutils-5.93-2 [attn base-files maintainer]

Eric Blake ericblake@comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 15:02:00 GMT 2005

> A new release of coreutils, 5.93-2, is available for experimental use.
>

> dircolors now supports SETUID, SETGID, STICKY_OTHER_WRITABLE,
>   OTHER_WRITABLE, and STICKY, with ls providing default colors for these
>   categories if not specified by dircolors.

Just a heads-up to the base-files maintainer - when cygwin-1.5.19
is released, you will need to update /etc/defaults/etc/DIR_COLORS to
incorporate the new features available in dircolors 5.93.  I would
suggest using 'dircolors -p > DIR_COLORS' as a starting point.  But
don't update until coreutils-5.93-2 is moved out of test into current,
because dircolors 5.3.0 chokes on the new keywords.

--
Eric Blake