exim 4.54-1 and broken symlinks

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Thu Dec 8 15:27:00 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Krzysztof Duleba"
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:36 AM
Subject: exim 4.54-1 and broken symlinks

> Hi
>
> There's something wrong with exim package and exim-config. It creates
> /usr/sbin/sendmail.exe, which links to /bin/exim.exe, which doesn't exist.
> There is /bin/exim, which links to /bin/exim-4.54-1.exe, but Cygwin .exe
> magic doesn't apply here, so programs depending on /usr/sbin/sendmail
> (like pine) doesn't work. Renaming /bin/exim to /bin/exim.exe fixed the
> problem.
>
> Krzysztof Duleba

Hum, I just installed the latest exim on a new machine and can't reproduce
what you describe. exim-config created
lrwxrwxrwx  1 p-humblet sw 13 Dec  8 10:10 /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
/usr/bin/exim*
(no .exe anywhere) , as one would expect from the line
     ln -s -f  /usr/bin/exim /usr/sbin/sendmail &&

Could there be a problem with your ln?

Pierre