Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

Peter Rehley peter@rehley.net
Wed Dec 7 23:18:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've retried the problem I mentioned in this thread http://cygwin.com/
ml/cygwin/2005-11/msg00053.html and the problem still exists in the
20051207 snapshot, but it now seems easier to reproduce.  Before I
had to run "ps -ef" several times before the test_configure script
died, but now it only takes one or two times.

The recap is that on windows 2000 when I run test_configure (see
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-11/msg00000.html for the script) and
the in a separate command prompt type "ps -ef" the test_configure
script exits and issues the message "fork: Resource temporarily
unavailable"

I am attaching a strace of the test_configure script with the
failure, and a ps -ef strace that caused a similar failure in the
test_configure script.

Sorry for the large size of the test_configure stace output.  I cut
out a large portion and left what I thought might be helpful.

Peter