[OT?] Re: (XP) cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Backup to CVS/Entries: Permission denied

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Tue Aug 23 21:59:00 GMT 2005

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> There is a 'handle' utility from SysInternals that can tell you which
> processes have handle to a particular file...

Though given that these are transient operations, you may not have time
to fire up Handle to see who has the file.  But there's an equally nice
utility at that site called "NTFileMon" (or "FileMon") that can show
*all* I/O system calls made by *all* processes.

Be prepared for a blizzard of info, but if you get that error, you can
then filter the report by ERROR status, IIRC.