Unable to read/write to a tape with tar

Tue Aug 23 09:10:00 GMT 2005

On Aug 23 08:03, cyril bonnard wrote:
> hello, here is the new stuff: the traces of tar and mt bzip2ed, and here
> the output:
>
> Administrateur@t-0e0d94b2a0f54 ~
> $ strace -o d:/strace mt -f /dev/st0 status
> mt: /dev/st0: Bad address
>
> Administrateur@t-0e0d94b2a0f54 ~
> $ strace -o d:/stracetar tar -cvf /dev/st0
> tar: /dev/st0: Cannot open: Bad address
>
> I think the message given ( "Bad address") may help!?

Uuuuurgh!  Sorry, sorry, sorry.  I gave you the wrong URL to the DLL you
should install.  Of course it's *not* the one from 20050819, it's the
latest one from yesterday.  Please retry using this one from tonight:

  http://cygwin.com/snapshots/cygwin1-20050823.dll.bz2

(Did I get the URL right this time?  Yes, it seems so.)

If you're using this one, you should not get a "Bad address", at least
I hope so.

Sorry again,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.