Remove cygwin services

Herb Martin HerbM@learnquick.com
Fri Aug 12 09:13:00 GMT 2005

> root@ITO2 ~
> $ cygrunsrv.exe -R init
> cygrunsrv: Error removing a service: QueryServiceStatus:
> Win32 error 1053:
> The service did not respond to the start or control request
> in a timely fashion.
>

> By root, I mean this is an administrator a/c.

As I understand cygrunsrv, when you remove a service it
also assumes you wish to stop that service.  If the service
refuses to stop -- which isn't that uncommon for services
started under cygrunsrv (for testing) since they don't know
they are "services" -- then you will see that error.

I believe that cygrunsrv has already changed the registry
(unconfirmed) and therefore the service will be gone on
next boot.  (If not, I would consider this a bug in cygrunsrv.)

It might help (pure speculation) to enable one of the "signals"
when creating Cygwin-Apps as services.  This way the "stop"
will include a HUP or TERM.

--
Herb Martin