Remove cygwin services

Herb Martin HerbM@learnquick.com
Fri Aug 12 08:22:00 GMT 2005

> [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Jason FU
> What do I do in order to remove installed services of cygwin
> like sshd, init and so on?

[ I am new to cygwin so factor this into my answer...]

cygrunsrv -R SERVICE_NAME

Example:  cygrunsrv -R sshd

You may also use the Windows services.msc Control Panel
to "disable" or set a service to "manual".

Note that manual service MAY still run if some other service
starts them -- manual doesn't mean a user/admin must start
them, only that the OS will not start them automatically
unless requested to do so by another process or by an actual
manual user/admin request.

I have been unable to use cygrunsrv to "modify" a service;
so far, I have always removed the service and re-added it.

--
Herb Martin