Programatically finding value of "cygdrive" prefix

Morche Matthias Matthias.Morche@P7S1Produktion.de
Thu Aug 11 14:08:00 GMT 2005

Have a look at cygstart and Luc Hermitte's cyg-wrapper.sh
(http://hermitte.free.fr/cygwin/)

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Sam Steingold
while we are at it, how do non-cygwin programs supposed to handle this
/cygdrive stuff?
shell scripts mindlessly transfered from unix to cygwin do not bother to
use cygpath before passing pathnames to external programs.
native Emacs or vim do not appreciate /cygdrive prefixes.
it's easier to tell Emacs how to handle /cygdrive than to fix every
elisp Makefile that is being distributed.
that brings me to suggest that this "cygdrive" be made available in the
registry (which cygwin does not use at all, so, I guess, this is not
going anywhere...)