RSH configuration

Deepak Jadhav deepak.jadhav@softdel.com
Thu Aug 11 05:16:00 GMT 2005

Hello sir ,thanks for your reply ,but further I will like to know the simple
thing that which packages during cygwin setup are required to download in
order to establish an remote login session from cygwin,where I want to work
with RSH protocol.I will alos like to know about which files in cygwin are
required to be modified for remote login.
Please reply
Warm regards,
Deepak

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hall [mailto:lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:12 PM
To: deepak.jadhav@softdel.com; cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: RSH configuration

At 12:45 AM 8/10/2005, you wrote:
>Respected sir , I am trying to use RSH utility in cygwin to connect to an
>linux machine(remote host) in network .Since I have configured the remote
>machine by modifying some of this files...
>         1. Add 'rsh' and 'rlogin' to /etc/securetty
>         2. Add all IPs to /root/.rhosts, and chmod 600
/root/.rhosts
>         3. Set "disable = no" in /etc/xinetd.d/            {rsh,rlogin}
>         4. chkconfig xinetd on ; /etc/init.d/xinetd            restart
>but still I am getting an error as Pemission denied while I a trying to
>login from cygwin machine.So I think you can give me some valid
>solution,hence for please reply..

 From what you've provided above, it seems you're discussing the
configuration of your remote (Linux) server and not Cygwin.
Configuration help on 'rshd' and 'rlogind' is best derived from the
man pages for these two daemons.  Help for Linux is off-topic for this
list.  But if your concern is the server configuration, you may want to
try 'rsh'ing and 'rlogin'ing to the Linux machine from the Linux machine.
This will help you validate the server configuration.  If this works but
the like invocation from Cygwin doesn't (especially if the Windows-native
client does work too), then that is on-topic for this list.  Please review
the problem reporting guidelines at the link below for information on what
your problem report should contain.

Holliston, MA 01746