Help with IMAP server

René Berber rberber@prodigy.net.mx
Tue Aug 9 15:48:00 GMT 2005

dem wrote:

> I  want to setup IMAP server. In Internet i find this manual
> http://pigtail.net/LRP/cygwin-exim.html
> But IMAP server not work.
> When I begin analysis i found when i connect into my PC through telnet i
> get:
>
> $ telnet localhost 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to comp-adm.masternet.don.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> And i get this message in Event Log:
>
> PID 2488 : Invalid argument, while reading line user=??? host=UNKNOWN.
>
> Can anybody help me.

First read and follow the readme file for UW-IMAP in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

My guess is that you are missing all the user login setup (password and group
file), the documentation for that is in file login.README .

Make sure that the service is running (netstat -a | grep 143).  Then test it (if
you know how to talk to a imap server).

HTH
--
René Berber