problem while connecting GDB to an ARM board

Michael LUITAUD michael.luitaud@st.com
Thu Aug 4 14:44:00 GMT 2005

I used to use linux to compile code for my ARM based board but I needed
windows and cygwin 1.5.8 to connect to the platform and debug via the
ARM Multi-ICE Server and the Multi-ICE gdb Server.
I now have to stop using linux so, I installed the GNUARM Tool Chain for
Cygwin. That Tool Chain needs 1.5.18 version of cygwin1.dll to work
because it needs the _impure_ptr procedure.
I thaught it was right but I can not connect to the platform anymore and
get "putpkt: write failed: Software caused connection abort" error on
trying to connect.