Trouble making .so (undefined symbols)

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Thu Aug 4 13:04:00 GMT 2005

Warren Young wrote:

> I would rather continue with my present scheme, which is using an import
> library for the native build's DLL.  This is, in effect, a "shared
> libmysqlclient library", but I have a feeling that you mean a
> Cygwin-built .so file instead.

That's not a good idea.  The MySQL native builds are going to be linked
against MSVCRT.  You can't combine MSVCRT and cygwin1.dll because they
both provide differing and incompatible C runtime libraries.

Just build a Cygwin libmysqlclient.  It's not hard.  There are 2 or 3
things you have to patch and they're all summarized by Gerrit in
postings to this list.

Brian