man ls....

Jason FU tsfu@hkucs.org
Fri Apr 22 14:04:00 GMT 2005

About manpage, on Windows XP SP2 or before when I man ls,

LS(1)                           User Commands                           LS(1)

NAME
       ls - list directory contents

SYNOPSIS
       ls [OPTION]... [FILE]...

DESCRIPTION
       List  information  about the FILEs (the current directory by default).
       Sort entries alphabetically if none of -cftuSUX nor --sort.

       Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory  for  short  options
       too.

       -a, --all
              do not ignore entries starting with .

       -A, --almost-all
              do not list implied . and ..

       --author
              with -l, print the author of each file

But on my Windows Server 2003, I have the following when I man ls,

LS(1)                           User Commands                           LS(1)

ESC[1mNAMEESC[0m
       ls - list directory contents

ESC[1mSYNOPSISESC[0m
       ESC[1mls ESC[22m[ESC[4mOPTIONESC[24m]... [ESC[4mFILEESC[24m]...

ESC[1mDESCRIPTIONESC[0m
       List  information  about the FILEs (the current directory by default).
       Sort entries alphabetically if none of ESC[1m-cftuSUX ESC[22mnor ESC[1m--
sortESC[22m.

       Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory  for  short  options
       too.

       ESC[1m-aESC[22m, ESC[1m--allESC[0m
              do not ignore entries starting with .

       ESC[1m-AESC[22m, ESC[1m--almost-allESC[0m
              do not list implied . and ..

       ESC[1m--authorESC[0m

What should I set for having the screen more properly set?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jason