setup.exe keeps hanging

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon Apr 18 07:17:00 GMT 2005

----Original Message----

  Just one possibility.  It might be the same problem, or it might not.

  Start a bash shell.  Unless your install is really badly damaged, this
should still work.

  cd into /etc/postinstall.

  Is there a file there called "d.sh"?  If so, that's going to have been
causing setup to crash when it tries to handle it.  Execute it directly
(enter "./d.sh"), then rename it with "mv d.sh d.sh.done".

  After that setup should be able to complete.

  In fact, if even your bash shell won't work, use a dos prompt to rename
it, then you can run it manually after your setup has completed by using ".
/etc/postinstall/d.sh.done"

    cheers,
      DaveK