Installing Courier-Imap

Kees Vonk keesinoz@yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 04:57:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Kees Vonk wrote:
>

>>/home/Kees/courier-imap-3.0.8/makedat/makedatprog.c:33: undefined
>>reference to `_gdbmobj_store'
>

> Try adding --with-db=gdbm to your configure line.

Ok I tried this, but as I suspected no luck.

However what I did notice is that makedatprog.c includes ../dbobj.h,
this file defines (for example) dbobj_init as gdbmobj_init (which exists
in ../gdbmobj/gdbmobj.h), however the error above complains about not
finding _gdbmobj_init, which does not exist anywhere. Can anyone explain
to me where the initial '_' comes from, and if that is the problem. I
realise I am probably showing my ignorance of C programming here, but
any kind of help would be greatly appreceated.

Kees