ssh-host-config requires cygminires.dll

a12 a12@swipnet.se
Wed Sep 29 09:13:00 GMT 2004

Hello again,

Following your hint, I checked /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README, and
entered:

ssh-host-config -y
ssh-user-config -y
cygrunsrv -S sshd
yielded:
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

I have also tried:
cygrunsrv -S -D sshd
with the following response:
cygrunsrv: trailing commandline argument not allowed
and:
cygrunsrv -D -S sshd
cygrunsrv: unknown option -- D

Here are the contents of /var/log/sshd.log :
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

Windows Applications Log contains the following entries:
Cannot find a description for event ID 0 in the source sshd. The local computer does not have necessary register information or message DLL files required to show messages from a remote computer. More information: sshd : PID 660 : starting service `sshd' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.

Windows System Log contains the following entries:
The service CYGWIN sshd ended unexpectedly. It has done 1 time(s). The
following action will be done in 0 milliseconds. No action.

 Any new hints ?