Problems building setup from CVS.

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Sep 28 12:33:00 GMT 2004

Dave Korn schrieb:

>       Hey all,
>
>   The subject says it all.  Are there any requirements that I don't know about for
> say particular versions of automake/autoconf?  It says at
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html
>
> "This requires the Cygwin development automake/autoconf and libtool packages (from
> the Cygwin Net Release). (Or equivalently patched versions on linux or other
> platforms.)"
>
>   Well, I'm not sure what's in the cygwin net release, nor what kind of patchset
> would be 'equivalent' in those terms.  I've got these versions of
> automake/autoconf, which are I believe the current cygwin release versions:
>
> ------------------------------<snip!>------------------------------
> dk@mace /usr/build/apps/setup> autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
> Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

> dk@mace /usr/build/apps/setup> automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.9.1
> Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>.

> ------------------------------<snip!>------------------------------
>
> and I see these warnings when I run bootstrap.sh:
>
> ------------------------------<snip!>------------------------------
> dk@mace /usr/build/apps/setup> ./bootstrap.sh
> Running bootstrap.sh in libgetopt++
> /usr/share/aclocal/freetype2.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_FT2
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> /usr/share/aclocal/check.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_CHECK

This is a new libtool "feature" :)
you have to fix most of your /usr/share/aclocal/*.m4 files (those which
print the warnings) to quote the AC_DEFUN first param.

libmcrypt.m4:
AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT,
=>
AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT],

I've attached a patch which was needed for me.

  >   I don't see any problems (or indeed any output whatsoever!) when I
then run
> autoconf and automake.  I use the standard recommended configure options:

with the rest I'm fighting also :)

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/