lighttpd - problems with cgi scripts

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Sun Sep 26 00:21:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm running lighttpd on Cygwin, it seems there are some problems, this
simple script causes lighttpd to take all from the processor time and
never stops until I kill the process:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">',
"\n";
print "</head><body>\n";
print "Das ist nur ein CGI Test!\n";
print "</body></html>\n";

However, I have a complex script here which works.  There I get an error
when I try to connect a postgres database, DBI says:
   could not create socket: Operation not permitted

I tried to connect from perl to postgres that works, then I tried the
same script calling from lighttpd, it fails with the above mentioned
symptoms.  Then I tried the really simple script above which I copied
from a website.  What is wrong with this script?  Others are working ok,
e.g. this one:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use CGI;
$anfrage = new CGI;

print $anfrage->header(),
       $anfrage->start_html("Hello world"),
       $anfrage->h1("Hello world"),
       $anfrage->a({-href=>"index.html#bsp1"},"Zurück"),
       $anfrage->end_html();

Gerrit