Same code, same script, different results

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Sep 23 18:47:00 GMT 2004

Mikael Ã
sberg wrote:

> Lol, you're right, Igor, that test case was far from minimal.
> Should've cut it down, of course. On the other hand, I often see
> people cutting away what they think is unrelated code or whatnot,
> when, in fact, they are cutting away the cause of their problems when
> posting questions.

That's why, when posting a minimal illustration of the problem, one
needs to test that minimal case to make sure the problem still exists!
Often the process of creating or cutting down something to a minimal
case enlightens the questioner to the point of discovering the actual
problem. I like to call this "doing your homework".

> PS. I remember once having the cygwin mailing list in "usenet style
> format" in outlook express, but I can't for the life of me remember
> what I did. Anyone knows what I'm talking about? DS.

You mean news://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin?

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!