Crash in setup 2.427

Arturus Magi sailorleo@isonews2.com
Tue Sep 14 01:57:00 GMT 2004

Michael D. Crawford wrote:
> Unfortunately, gcc-java is 3.4.1, but under "New" it says 3.3.3-3.  If I
> let the installer proceed, it will remove gcj 3.4.1 (cygming special)
> and replace it with gcj 3.3.3 (cygwin special).  I've experienced this
> several times.  So I click in the New column for gcj-java to try to
> change it to keep:
>
>    Program Error
>
>    setup.exe has generated erros and will be closed by Windows.
>    You will need to restart the program.
>
>    An error log is being created.
>
> I couldn't find an error log.  I used the Find Files Windoze tool to
> look for one.  Do you know where it might be?

The log file referred to by that dialog box is stuffed into an arcane
location in the Windows directory (or the Documents and
Settings/%USERNAME% directory, depending on the version of Windows and
Windows settings) with a less than obvious name.

The setup log itself may contain messages of a similar nature, though,
and should be found at /var/setup.log (or /var/setup.log.full).