Cygwin ssh session privileges differ from console privileges?

Shaddy Baddah shaddy.baddah@msa.hinet.net
Fri Sep 3 10:26:00 GMT 2004

Thank you Corinna. Your suggestion worked. You are too cool for school
:-D.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen" <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: Cygwin ssh session privileges differ from console privileges?

> The bottom line is, if you need all the user's access rights use password
> authentication.  If that doesn't help, you're out of luck.

As you suggested, I had to change from publickey authentication to
password,keyboard-interactive. Here is how it was achieved:

  Administrator@mydesktop ~
  $ ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications
password,keyboard-interactive' Administrator@myserver
  Administrator@myserver's password:
  Last login: Thu Sep  2 20:40:16 2004 from mydesktop

  Administrator@myserver ~
  $ sqlplus /nolog

  SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Sep 3 05:17:37 2004

  Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

  SQL> connect / as sysdba
  Connected.

Thanks again, and best regards,
Shaddy