mod-php4

Robert Schmidt rschm@broadpark.no
Wed Sep 1 23:00:00 GMT 2004

Sam Liddicott wrote:
> Robert Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've gleaned from the archives that mod-php4 was pulled because it was
>> broken, and that a new maintainer has taken over apache + modules.
>>
>> Is there any use in hoping that mod-php4 will be added soon?  I need it
>> for a SquirrelMail setup I've been asked to provide on Windows... :-/
>>
>> I've had a shot at building php4 myself, but failed miserably:
>

> I've been using coLinux (www.colinux.org) as a way of running apache and
> php4 under windows.

Thanks!  I wasn't aware of that interesting project.  I'm definitely
going to check it out.

For my immediate needs, however, I managed to get the standard
precompiled native Win32 php4 package to work as a CGI handler inside my
cygwin Apache 1.3.  This is suboptimal, and I have to stay away from
cygwin paths (~, symlinks, etc.), but SquirrelMail worked just as
advertised.

> Sam

Cheers,
Rob