HyperThreading

Pablo Ruiz Garcia pruiz@netway.org
Wed Oct 27 21:28:00 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Ford" <ford@vss.fsi.com>
To: "Pablo Ruiz Garcia" <pruiz@netway.org>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: HyperThreading

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Pablo Ruiz Garcia wrote:
>
>> Well I found a minor workaround.. set Affinity of proccess to only use
>> one CPU (Thread).
>
> Threads and CPUs are not remotely the same things, so I don't know why you
> have that in parenthesis.

I have it in parenthesis, because *I* know that CPUs and Threads are not the same,
but as I'm talking about a problem with "hyper-THREADING", I thought this way
it would be easier to understand what i was talking about.

I´m Sorry if this is a problem for you, but, in fact, I dont care anyway.

> But, I guess it's nice to know that you found a workaround for a problem
> only known to you.  How do you expect it to ever be fixed if you don't
> actually report it, or at least confirm that it has already been reported?

This problem has been reported in the past.. and I append a mail from
another list member who includes references about this problem.

> --
> Brian Ford

---> Forwarded Mail <---
>AFAIK there was some kind of problem with hyperthreading on cygwin,
>do anyone know if this problems has been fixed?

No.  And they won't be fixed until someone sends a system or enough
money to buy a system with to CGF.

-Richard Campbell.
---> End Forwarded Mail <---