HyperThreading

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Wed Oct 27 15:55:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Pablo Ruiz Garcia wrote:

> I'm having some problems with hyperthreading machines and cygwin.
>
> AFAIK there was some kind of problem with hyperthreading on cygwin,
> do anyone know if this problems has been fixed?

It'd be much more helpful if you actually tried to describe the problems
you're having.  It'd also be helpful if you followed the Cygwin problem
reporting guidelines here:

That said, Richard Campbell's reply is probably still valid.

FWIW, we use hyperthreaded and dual processor hyperthreaded machines daily
without issue (Cygwin 1.5.10).  Maybe we're just lucky...

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer