Virtual (meta-) packages

Jani Tiainen redetin@luukku.com
Thu Oct 14 06:24:00 GMT 2004

Could setup be extended (or even used in current form) to have virtual
packages that could install some basic tools as a whole working
combination, like X11 server? More or less like it is done in Debian (my
favourite Linux distribution)

I recently wondered where my X11 start scripts went and found out that
I've missing startup-scripts. It would be more convenient to have
virtual package that installs "all" for that first time so you don't
have to know what you're installing... It would be helpful.

--

Jani Tiainen