Fix: Socket problem w/ apache & perl cgi (fwd)

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu Oct 7 02:19:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:06:02AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>>Larry Hall schrieb:
>>>Yup, that's a known issue.  It's not actually Cygwin that requires the
>>>'SYSTEMROOT' environment variable setting.  It's winsock. :-(
>>
>>"Known Issue". How I hate that word!
>>
>>Ok, I'll setup my private wikipage on just a wiki which will suite me.
>>(and which allows it).
>
> Huh?  You weren't a participant in this thread but you are responding as
> if there was an issue here that you needed to know.

Yes, astonishing, but sometimes a little bit of thinking in a broader
context than the current thread is required. You asked me to collect the
known issues topics, remember?

> What does this have to do with anything?  Is this in reference to your
> POSIX compliance thread?

Obviously. The main part of the POSIX compliance had nothing to do with
POSIX, just with unexpected behaviour aka "Known Issues".

>>I will keep you informed then, so that you can discuss it on the
>>mailing-list.
>
> This is important for us to know because...?

...because you wanted to keep a known issues discussion on
the mailing list. besides in the users guide on FAQ as I assume.