Known Issues: document missing POSIX compliance and other unexpected behaviour

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Oct 6 19:13:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:15:10PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>>Christopher Faylor schrieb:
>>>
>>>This points to a page which explains (in an outdated manner)
>>>implementation details of select.  I don't see how it applies.
>>
>>It applies as a TODO item. :)
>
> TODO... what?

TODO: clarify. write about it.

>>>COFF?
>>
>>Yes. Imho, the topic "processes" also includes loading a process.
>>And handling the data structures in which the process is stored,
>>even if not active ("loaded").
>>And COFF is good to known/explain in contrast to ELF or a.out.
>>Also for debugging purposes.
>
> I guess I've lost track of what you're talking about.  I don't see
> any reason to know about COFF if you are debugging.

I do see a reason for it to mention COFF in contrast to ELF/a.out.
Even it's hidden behind binutils and gdb. But if you think it's
irrelevant and no one asks about it don't mention it.

>>Sure, but where?
>>In the list or elsewhere?
>
> the list
>
>>As I suggested in a wiki for some while until it is in the docs.  Seems
>>to work out good, even if it should be "rigorously maintained", as you
>>said.
>
> Yes, you can make any method of communication work.  I would never advocate
> going to some other site and working via a wiki when communicating via a
> mailing list and having decisions archived in one place has been the way
> we've been doing things for years.

ok. but, seems unrealistic IMHO.
--
Reini Urban