Absence of mkgroup and mkpasswd man pages

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Oct 5 19:15:00 GMT 2004

Dave Korn schrieb:
>   I'd go so far as to say that the docs should not only be a default package, it
> should be a compulsory package that can't be uninstalled, only updated.  Or
> perhaps it should just rolled into the cygwin base package.  Whatever, there's no
> good reason to allow people to install an un-documented cygwin, they'll only end
> up coming here with questions they would have known the answers to if they'd had
> the docs.

Agreed.

BTW: What about a man page for dllwrap?
It's a binutils binary, without any info nor man nor description
in the Cygwin/*.README.

I would want to write one, if I would understand it.
But then I wouldn't need it. (Catch 22)

I don't think that binutils wants to support it in their texinfo doc.
But please someone (Charles?) add some info either to cygwin-doc or
binutils.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/