How to prepend a directory to the PATH to accommodate CVSNT?

Edward L. Fox edyfox@gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 06:24:00 GMT 2004

Hi, Siegfried:

    In my opinion, I don't think it a good idea to use native Windows
program in cygwin.

    Yes, you can remove your cygwin version of cvs.exe in /usr/bin and
create a symbolic link there, pointing to /cygdrive/.../cvsnt/bin/cvs.exe.
And it in fact will run instead of cygwin version. But the native Windows
program will not recognize the strange path offered by cygwin's shell.

    If you are always using relative path, I think the native Windows
program will work as well. Or you can write a simple wrapper to translate
the cygwin path into native Windows path. Who knows? Who cares?

    Good luck!

                Edward L. Fox

                2004-10-05

From: edyfox@gmail.com