Add hyperthreading issues to "Known Problems" section of the FAQ

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan@iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 22 12:13:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

It would have saved me some irritation over the last few days if the Cygwin FAQ
mentioned that there are some unresolved issues with running on hyperthreaded
processors.

The first thing I did when I encountered problems was check the FAQ - since
hyperthreading wasn't mentioned, I initially assumed the problem had to be
somewhere else. It was only when I circled back to Cygwin and hyperthreading via
a general Google search that I turned up some relevant messages in the list archive.

Unfortunately, I don't have a system to give CGF or spare cash to buy him one -
but the FAQ would be a more accessible place to mention *that* proposed deal, too :)

(It may be this is in the works already, as happened with the FAQ update for
Windows usernames with space. If that's the case, then obviously this message
can be safely ignored)

Regards,
Nick.

P.S. I'm not a subscriber, so please cc' me on any replies

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan@email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268