new cygwin has memory problems?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Nov 13 12:07:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor schrieb:

>>>http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=procps%2Fprocps-010801-2&grep=top%5C.exe
>>
>>I really need to install this package, thanks.
>
> Just to fruitlessly stifle the next question from anyone else who
> has just found out about this package:
>
> No, there is no way to make top or procps display non-cygwin processes.

For everything there's a way. The question is if it's worth the effort.

For example I'm now seriously considering exporting a procfs to native
windows, just to play with installable filesystems.
To improve mount and to get cygwin better talk to colinux.

* http://www.insidewindows.info/
* http://sys.xiloo.com/projects/projects.htm#ext2fsd
* http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/x9224.html
--