How to force Setup.exe to behave?

A. Alper Atici alperatici@ttnet.net.tr
Mon May 17 06:17:00 GMT 2004

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:20:34 -0700, Lex Ein wrote:

>Nine days ago, this was "Using Setup.exe to uninstall -bogus".
>
>Please help me figure out how to get Setup.exe to STOP TRYING TO INSTALL
>X.

You need to figure out the package(s) installed depending on X.

Attached is a list of packages that have the string "XFree" or "xorg"
in their requires: line in setup.ini
Save the list to a file, say, xlist.txt
Then, run the following command to see installed packages depending on
X:

$ cut -d' ' -f1 /etc/setup/installed.db | comm -12 - xlist.txt

--
A. Alper Atici               OpenPGP KeyID: 0xB824F550