cygwin upgrade: where did XWin go?

Allen H. Nugent a.nugent@unsw.edu.au
Wed May 12 05:14:00 GMT 2004

I just upgraded my cygwin installation, to find that I have lost my most
important functionality. (Exactly why I'd been putting off upgrades all year!)

When I type "startxwin.sh" at the BASH prompt I get an 'Error Starting
Program' window with the message, "A required .DLL file, CYGX11-6.DLL, was
not found."

When I type "startxwin.bat" at the BASH prompt I get a 'Run.exe' window
with a message that begins, "Error: Couldn't find XWin anywhere."

Should I have another attempt at a 2-3 hour download and hope for the best?
Or, has Xwin been replaced?

Thanks!

Allen H. Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052 Australia
Tel: +61 2 9385 3916 Fax: +61 2 9663 2108