Trouble running awk & deployment of Cygwin

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Mon May 10 20:50:00 GMT 2004

You should probably try searching the mailing list.  Every couple of months
there is a thread started by someone who wants an automatic install.  Also,
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC21 (and
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html) might help.
Also, look for command line control of setup -- it might be able to do what
you want.

I don't know if this is the cause, but you are sure to have problems with
your mount table if you install as you have described.  Run
	$ mount -m
on a machine that was installed by setup, and then run the output of that,
e.g., (this is what I get -- you will probably get something different.)
	mount -f -u -b "c:/cygwin/bin" "/usr/bin"
	mount -f -u -b "c:/cygwin/lib" "/usr/lib"
	mount -f -u -b "c:/cygwin" "/"
	mount -u -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/"
on the machine that gave you the error.  If the error goes away, you've
fixed it.  Even if it does not go away, you will still need to run the mount
commands on the machines that you are installing on.

You might also trying running
	> gawk --help
to see if the problem might have something to do with the resolution of
symbolic links.