cygwin gcc failure

Heflin hhogan@tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 19 06:26:00 GMT 2004


Richard Campbell wrote:

>>The symptom is pretty straight forward, on a straight command line of:
>>
>>gcc foo.c
>>
>>I get a pop up and a system log message which says:
>>
>>Application popup: cc1.exe - Application Error : The application failed 
>>to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the 
>>application.
>>    
>>
>
>Try running cc1.exe and see if you get something like:
>
>c:\cygwin\bin> bash
>      6 [main] ? 3816 init_cheap: Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap,
>Win32 error 487
>c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (3816): *** AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress
>0x616E0000, RegionSize 0x1AA0000, State 0x10000
>
>(replace bash with cc1)
>
>  
>
This doesn't appear to be applicable. cc1.exe is buried in the gcc-lib 
structure (called by gcc), and it doesn't provide any further info other 
than what I've posted.

Additionally, MS seems to indicate that the actual message is some form 
of permision problem, but in typical MS fashion they aren't real 
specific on how to nail down exactly what is causing the problem.

I'm reluctant to apply a snapshot because the rest of cygwin appears to 
be working, and the idea of overlaying things isn't really appealling at 
the moment.

If anyone has suggestions on how to narrow the possible causes, I'm all 
ears (or eyes).

-H


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list