cygwin gcc failure

Heflin hhogan@tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 18 23:31:00 GMT 2004

The relevant details:

cygwin 1.5.8-1, with up-to-date packages (as of 3/18).
XP Pro, patch level mostly current (I haven't loaded any new fixes this
month)
the logged in user has administrator rights

The symptom is pretty straight forward, on a straight command line of:

gcc foo.c

I get a pop up and a system log message which says:

Application popup: cc1.exe - Application Error : The application failed
to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the
application.

I've reinstalled cygwin from the setup.exe, tried dropping back a level,
and several other non-working attempts at fixing this.

I'll note that gcc was working before I ran my last upgrade (yesterday),
and that I have rebooted in the meantime.

Please help!

-H