Broken package selection for a full install

Daniel F. Dickinson danielfdickinson@yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 5 10:28:00 GMT 2004

I installed cygwin (version 1.5.7) using setup.exe.  I downloaded all
the files locally, then cycled to "Install" rather than "Default" for
selection "All".  A large number of post-install scripts produced the
error dialog "A required .DLL file CYGPCRE.DLL is missing" and "A
required .DLL file CYGKPATHSEA-3.DLL is missing".  A perusal of the
mailing list in some recent messages gave me a clue:  It seems that
setup (or dependencies in a lot packages) are broken, and the libraries
required are not always selected (in this case libpcre and libkapthsea3).

I have fired up setup and opened up every branch, and discovered that
there are actually quite a few packages that were not installed.  Either
  cycling to "Install" in "All" is not what I thought (install
everything), or setup is broken.  Well setup is broken anyway because,
it should, at a minimum, install all dependencies.

Cheers,

Daniel
--
Daniel F. Dickinson:
"Time does not die; the circle is not round."