read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())

Jason Winter jasonwinter@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 10:51:00 GMT 2004

Hi Corinna,

Rereading the MSDN: Q161338 document I refered to before, Cygwin will need
to use a minimum 128KB buffer when 'reading' data from tapes - the NT
specification doesn't allow access to the 'last bytes' in a variable-block
any other way.  128KB allows for any SCSI device under windows.

(I noticed there was a memcpy for each ReadFile call - so I assume CygWin
uses its own internal buffers, which may or maynot be large enough for tape
support.)
Jason.