'exim' setup question

Jonathan E. Brickman jbrickman@joshuacorps.org
Mon Mar 1 00:16:00 GMT 2004

A while ago I was using 'exim' quite successfully as an SMTP server
under cygwin/XP. Then more and more email service providers started
configuring their SMTP servers to not accept email sent from an ISP's
dynamic IP list, as one step in defense against spam. At first I just
set up exim's config file with a list of domains to route to my ISP's
smarthost; but then that list of domains got longer and longer, and exim
rapidly ceased to be practical -- and I never managed to get exim to
first try direct sends, and then do smarthost sends, for all
transmission, despite a large number of attempts using several different
items in the exim manual. Anyone have a simple solution?

--
Jonathan E. Brickman
http://joshuacorps.org