Cygwin 1.5.10: Possible bug

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Mon Jun 21 17:25:00 GMT 2004

Dave Neary wrote:

> I have come across a problem with cygwin (I think) which prevents it
> from being used to compile JNI bindings.

Or any DLLs that need to be loaded from non-Cygwin main programs (e.g.
Sun Java). This has been a problem for several releases now, and no one
(me included, I must confess) seems to find the time to narrow this down..

Your best bet may be to compile your JNI code with mingw (or use the
-mno-cygwin option with the cygwin gcc). You won't be able to use a lot
of POSIX system calls in this mode, but at least the resultant DLL
should be loadable from non-cygwin main programs.