Tivoli

Jörg Schaible Joerg.Schaible@Elsag-Solutions.com
Fri Jun 11 08:46:00 GMT 2004

Franz Wolfhagen wrote on Friday, June 11, 2004 8:39 AM:

> You will have an "extra" cygwin1.dll when running tivoli
> endpoint/managed node on the same machine as you run cygwin.
>
> I have run setups with both cygwin and 2 endpoints installed
> on the same machine - the only thing you need to take care of
> is to NOT include the non-tivoli cygwin dll in the path
> before the tivoli ones - with that in place I have never experienced
> any problems.

This is not recommended. http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC51

The cygwin core uses shared memory and it does not matter if you separate the two dlls with paths or rename on or ... two of these dll's will always influence each other - even if it is the same version. As a rule of dumb: Use always the same dll on one machine.

The only solution would be to build an own cygwin1.dll that is named differently and uses internally another location of the shared memory.

-- Jörg