maintaner of gcc

Bobby McNulty Junior sherlock1964@bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 15 20:20:00 GMT 2004

And, -mno-cygwin does not work with Timidity, so I thought perhaps Gcc 3.4.1
might be better.
There have been tons of fixes to the 3.4 series.
I'll try and get back on the gcc maintainers list and work with gcc 3.5 to
improve it even further for Cygwin and Windows.
Gcc 3.3.1 will compile Timidity 2.13.0 and CVS, but I get problems with the
mingw portion. Visual Studio complains, so I can't use it to make a GUI
version of Timidity.
GCC 3.4 is on my system, all I have to do is compile. But only with cygwin
stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Sam Steingold
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:56 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com; Gerrit P. Haase
Subject: Re: maintaner of gcc

> * Gerrit P. Haase <serrjro@alpxrycvtn.qr> [2004-07-15 15:24:45 +0200]:
>
> What is wrong with 3.3.x release series?  Are there any serious bugs?
> Are there issues (for you)?  Why do you need 3.4.x?

g++ 3.3 cannot compile CLISP.
it is alleged that g++ 3.4 can.

(either version of gcc can compile CLISP, but g++ compile is necessary
for some extra bug detection).

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
If you think big enough, you'll never have to do it.