Building DLL

Maarten Boekhold boekhold@emirates.net.ae
Sat Jul 10 08:51:00 GMT 2004

Larry Hall wrote:

>>>It was also reported that creating an import library (or stub library)
>>>for the executables functions is sufficient if it is linked in, IIRC it
>>
>>this might be more acceptable, but I have no idea of how to go about that... Anybody knows more about how to do this?
>>

>>>was the same problem with naim & plugins.  Maybe there are some useful
>>>hints in the naim sources.
>
> Wouldn't this work, substituting "executable" for "DLL" in the obvious
> places?
>
>     <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html#DLL-LINK>

I've looked at this, and I'm willing to give it a try, but I'd like to
test this first on a small sample. Does anybody have any suggestions on
how I can test this? I'm a little worried that when you use something
like 'dlltool --dllname foo.exe ....' the name of the executable is
embedded in the import library, and that you therefore have to build
that import library with the executable already installed in its final
location.

> There was also discussion of this in the email archives, if you're
> interested in that.

Sorry, searched for that, but couldn't come up with any references of
using dlltool in combination with an executable...

Maarten