AW: [mailinglist] ls could not list all files

Uwe Schmitt schmitt@num.uni-sb.de
Thu Jul 8 14:28:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

maybe there is a file like "-xxx" in the directory, which will be
interpreted as an argument to ls.
Try the following:

for U in *; do echo $U; ls $U || break; done

The loop should stop at the file making problems and above the
error statement you should see the according filename.

Greetings, Uwe