reent_data missing in 1.5.6 cygwin1.dll

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Tue Jan 27 20:17:00 GMT 2004

Please try to configure your mailer to wrap at <= 80 characters per line.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Chris Metcalf wrote:

> I just updated my Cygwin install and one of my locally-built, old
> Tcl/Tk programs, ical, now reports "The procedure entry point reent_data
> could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll".  If I
> back off to 1.5.5 again it goes back to working.  Normally I'd just
> rebuild but I had problems last time I tried to build this application
> with the newer Cygwin, so I've been running with an old binary and old
> Tcl/Tk libraries.  I am encouraged to bring this up as a bug because of
> the cygwin.com home page saying "Any cygwin program built from December
> 1998 onward should work correctly with newer DLLs."

I don't know the details about this, but I would say it is fixed in the
latest snapshots:

2004-01-22  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@redhat.com>

        * dcrt0.cc (reent_data): Make global.
        * cygwin.din: Reexport reent_data.

> Meanwhile I'll stay back at the 1.5.5 cygwin, so I'm not hurting, but I
> thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Good idea.  1.5.6 is not very stable.  Keep your eyes peeled for 1.5.7.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer