[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.6-1

Tue Jan 20 07:50:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
> available for download.  As usual, a list of what has changed is below.

> - Implement System V shm, sem, msg handling in cygserver.  (Corinna Vinschen)
> - Implement missing POSIX SEM calls sem_open, sem_close, sem_timedwait
> and sem_getvalue. (Corinna Vinschen)

Hooray!!!!!!! </me does cartwheels, sprains back, goes to hospital...>

> - Add installation instructions for cygserver.  (Corinna Vinschen)

Erm, where did this go?  It's not listed here:
http://www.cygwin.com/packages/cygwin/cygwin-1.5.6-1
AFAICT...

> - Add ipcrm and ipcs to cygwin distribution.  (Corinna Vinschen)

Not so good.  Currently there is a conflict between cygutils and cygwin,
as both provide ipcrm and ipcs.  I'll release a new version of cygutils
without those files (or with re-named versions of them...) when I can
get to it, but Real Life making itself known, at present.

--
Chuck