Complete list of out-of-date mirrors

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jan 13 21:19:00 GMT 2004

Chris,

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:34:16PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>Okay, I decided that someone needs to check for out-dated mirrors and
>>that someone is just going to have to be me.
>

> If you take a close look at the mirrors.html page, you'll see that the
> list is polled on a regular basis to maintain currency.  If there are
> out-of-date sites, that would indicate that there was a problem with the
> polling, which, in fact, there was.  A perl module update apparently
> broke checking of http mirrors.  This has been corrected.

Heh... I suspected that it was scripted, but the fact that there was a
site that was six months out of date reversed my suspicion... I didn't
think that anyone would neglect to run a script for six months.  :)

> So thanks for the roundabout heads up on the problem but you could have
> saved yourself some work by just reporting the problem.

Ah, it only took a minute or two.  Now, if I had reported a list of
mirrors that failed to connect it would have taken much more time.

> I've changed the wording on the web site to be slightly clearer that
> this page is autogenerated.

Cool, thanks.  I have been with the project three years now and I never
noticed that it was autogenerated :)

Harold