control-spacebar

H. James de St. Germain germain@cs.utah.edu
Thu Jan 8 22:17:00 GMT 2004

To follow up on using rxvt:

I have changed by cygwin.bat to have

  rxvt -e tcsh -l

as the final line. (Yes I (currently) like some of the old tcsh
properties over bash (though I've used both over time))  (But
doesn't everyone just work in emacs anyway?)

Then when you start cygwin, it pops up an rxvt terminal for you.

NOTE: in the past I have had

  setenv CYGWIN "tty"

in my resource file (.tcshrc) and this causes the rxvt to core dump
upon exit.  Removing this line seems to have fixed the problem.

Now the only problem I have is that rxvt thinks its an X window
so I have to type "emacs -nw" everytime... not a big deal.

Again, my thanks to Igor and the user/developer community for
supporting all of us.

cheers
  jim