Disappearing Bash and __getreent procedure

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Sat Feb 28 05:25:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:08:03PM -0500, Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote:
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 00:14:38 +0000, Ryan _ wrote in
><BAY2-F45q8MdU3ZhFLC000121b1@hotmail.com>:
>>Cygwin, a window appeared (looked like a dos prompt) then disappeared.
>
>My suggestion. Delete the whole cygwin directory, save up your copy of
>setup.exe, nuke the cached files, use regedit and search all
>KH*/Programs/Cygnus trees in the registry and kill them. Reinstall
>from the internet afresh.

Argh.  No.

This is undoubtedly due to an old version of cygwin1.dll somewhere on
the system, maybe in \windows\system32 (where it doesn't belong).

Following the instructions at http://cygwin.com/problems.html should
be adequate for tracking the problem down.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org