1.5.7-1 : cygwin1.dll - mpr.dll dependency problem

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Tue Feb 24 13:11:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 09:23:24PM +0100, alexis@free.fr wrote:
>depends.exe reports that cygwin1.dll depends on MPR.DLL with an
>unresolved import (missing export function : WNetRestoreConnectionA).
>It is not the case with cygwin1.dll (1.5.5), but it is the case with
>1.5.8.  It causes some commercial applications (modelsim) to crash when
>using cygwin DLLs...

Hmm.  "commercial applications"?

Aw, nevermind.  I don't have the strength to go through two painful
IANAL discussions in one week.  I'll just assume that this commercial
application is GPL compliant.

So, I have three responses to this:

1) cygwin does not call WNetRestoreConnection.

2) http://www.dependencywalker.com/faq.html

3) Manufacturers of commercial applications are welcome to purchase a support
   license from Red Hat.  I'm not particularly interested in providing free
   support for people who are making money from cygwin.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org
aaaspam@duffek.org